Not all topics are examined equally in IB Physics exams! Organise your revision to study the most heavily-weighted topics first.
I help IB students worldwide to maximise their marks in IB physics exams.
My biggest tip is when you start revising for your final IB physics exams, be aware that not all topics are examined equally.
In fact, some topics are examined waaaaay more heavily than others.
If I were you I prioritise my revision to focus on the following four topics, as these are examined more heavily:
- Topic 2: Mechanics
- Topics 4 & 9: Waves (and Wave Phenomena)
- Topic 5: Electricity and Magnetism
- Topic 7: Atomic, Nuclear & Particle Physics
These four topics have featured more heavily in IB Physics exam papers since 2016.
The topics that featured the least are:
- Topic 6: Circular Motion and Gravitation
- Topic 3: Thermal Physics
Please don’t ignore these topics! But it makes sense to concentrate on the most heavily-weighted topics first in your IB physics exam revision.
MORE HELP WITH IB PHYSICS
- For a complete breakdown of the IB Physics exams and how to study strategically to get more marks - head to The Ultimate IB Physics Exam Breakdown
- Click here to download my free IB Physics Study Starter Kit to help you organise your study and learn more exam tips and tricks for IB Physics
FREE eBook: The ULTIMATE IB Physics Internal Assessment Guide
Get your #1 Amazon Best Seller on GradePod for free here